*Please note that this posting is for two Accountants, one in our Loveland office and one in our Greenwood Village office.*
The Accountant supports the Accounting Manager in all aspects of client accounting including but not limited to all day to day accounting functions, payroll, maintenance of general ledger, preparation of financial statements, compiling and monitoring of budgets, managing cash and investments, and assists in maintaining the overall financial health of multiple assigned metropolitan, water & sanitation, park and recreation, and fire protection/emergency service districts.
- Accounting & Budget Functions
- Primary responsibility is to assist in maintaining the general ledger and accounting systems for each client.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as needed.
- Assesses accounting systems, researches and recommends improvements.
- Assists Accounting Manager with monthly payables processing.
- Prepares period financial report for Board.
- Coordinates with Accounting Manager on revenue management, including billings for services and fees and budget comparisons.
- Coordinates with Accounting Manager on expense management, including analysis of budget to actual and explaining variances.
- Prepares audit workpapers and coordinates with independent auditors, or completes audit exemption as applicable.
- Assist with processing client payroll.
- Prepares year-end tax reporting, including W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Prepares or assist Accounting Manager with compliance reporting.
- Assist Accounting Manager with long-range financial projections.
- Works closely with Director of Finance and Accounting and Accounting Managers to handle issues and transactions related to finance and accounting.
- Works closely with Administrators in the payables and billings processes.
Other duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Director of Finance & Accounting
- Loveland, CO and Greenwood Village, CO
- Full Time Employment
Finance and AccountingWork Experience
- Required: 1+ years of experience in Accounting
- Preferred: Knowledge of government accounting
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business AdministrationSubmit Resume to