The Accounting Clerk supports the Senior Accountant and Accountant in all aspects of accounts receivable and accounts payable including but not limited to the generation of billings, verification, and posting of cash receipts, processing of invoices received for payment and, resolution of any discrepancies in cash receipt or disbursements for multiple assigned metropolitan, water and sanitation, park and recreation, and fire protection/emergency service districts.
- Accounting & Budget Functions
- Primary responsibility is to assist in maintaining the accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers and records for each client.
- Process invoices for payment to vendors.
- Process fee billings to customers.
- Record payments on customer accounts.
- Reconcile and report discrepancies found in records.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Assist with audit work papers.
- Assist in preparing year-end tax reporting, including 1099 forms.
- Provide general accounting and clerical support to the finance and accounting department.
- Works closely with Senior Accountants and Accountants to handle issues and transactions related to finance and accounting.
- Works closely with Administrators in the payables and billings processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each major responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate computers using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel, as well all additional relevant and required computer hardware and software
- Professional appearance and dress consistent with the desired corporate image
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices and terminology
- Situational awareness
- Ability to identify problems then develop and implement solutions
- Strong reasoning, judgment, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility and versatility to prioritize and manage projects to completion under multiple, rapidly changing requests
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Motivated, driven and engaged demeanor
- Ability to anticipate the needs of clients and team members
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and follow through on work assignments
- Collaborative work style with an emphasis on building and fostering relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Must be willing to carry out company goals and policies.
- Improves and promotes quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Willing to continue professional development.
- Ability to communicate (speak, read and write) in English with individuals in person, by telephone, and by email
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various documents and service plans agreements in English
- Ability to compose business correspondence to a variety of audiences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from directors, managers, consultants, constituents, various groups and staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as required in maintaining and reporting expenses, estimates, budgets, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, areas, volumes, and circumferences.
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of Board of Directors, constituents, service vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or other related field.
- One or more years of experience preferred.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
Equipment: Must be able to operate a computer, fax machine, copier, telephone, motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on the specific needs of the day. Estimate 75% of time is spent sitting at desk and 25% on feet
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- Has frequent need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
- Constant needs to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, and finger dexterity.
- Lifting/carrying less than 10 pounds frequently.
- Vision requirements: constant needs to read manuals, reports, financial statements, complete forms, and view computer screen.
- Hearing requirements: constant needs to communicate over the telephone and in person.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License and a clean driving record to operate a company-owned fleet vehicle.
- Ability and means to travel locally as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual regularly works in an office environment and does not work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
Supervised by: Director of Finance & Accounting
- Loveland, CO
- Full Time Employmenet
Finance and AccountingWork Experience
Preferred: 1+ years of experience in Accounting and experience with QuickBooksSubmit Resume to