The District Administrator assists the District Manager, Finance Manager, and Project Administrator in all aspects of Special District management including, but not limited to, facility services, budgeting, and managing the activities of the Board of Directors. On behalf of the District, this position manages consultants, service vendors/contractors, maintenance support personnel, and maintains contracts/records and government compliance on multiple assigned metropolitan, water and sanitation, fire protection/emergency service Districts and Authorities.
- Major Responsibilities
1. Board of Director Relations
• Assist District Manager to coordinate the Board of Directors Meetings which includes, but is not limited to the following:
o Schedule meetings.
o Prepare and distribute board packets.
o File and post necessary board documentation to ensure compliance with open meeting laws.
o Prepare minutes, type and distribute draft minutes for review as directed by District Manager.
o Attend Board meetings, as needed.
o Prepare action plans for District team members and consultants.
• Perform general administrative tasks of the District, as needed.
2. Payables and Deposits
• Coordinate with District Managers, Project Administrators, Accounting Staff, Accounting Managers and the Board to ensure the timely payment of invoices.
• Coordinate deposits and funding based on client specific processes.
3. Records/Information Management
• Maintain Districts’ records, including public records, according to the State of Colorado Archivist’s Records and Retention Guidelines.
• Maintain ownership databases and files.
• Maintain and manage client websites.
• Coordinate with Title agencies and Real Estate agents to prepare necessary closing statements.
• Assist in preparation and distribution of approved District disclosures/information.
• Respond to CORA Requests.
4. Constituent Relations
• Assist District Manager with communication to constituents, property owners, builders, and local municipalities.
• Assist District Managers to facilitate architectural review and covenant control operations of the district.
5. Governmental Compliance
• Maintain insurance coverage and various district memberships.
• Assist District Manager to complete all required filings and notices per state statute.
• Assist the Designated Election Official and District Managers in the conduct of special and regular elections.
• Stay informed on current and new legislation.
6. Company Relations
• Works closely with District Managers, Staff Accountants, and Accounting Managers to handle issues and transactions related to finance.
• Works closely with District Managers and Project Administrators to handle issues related to maintaining District facilities and improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each major responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate computers using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word, Access and Excel and all additional relevant and required computer hardware and software.
- Must work well under pressure, be self-motivated, service oriented and be a team player.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to carry out company goals and policies.
- Working knowledge of property management needed to support metropolitan master planned communities.
- Working knowledge of city/state government processes related to metropolitan districts or community associations management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
Preferred: Understanding of the operations of special districts (Title 32 Governmental Agencies).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various documents, contracts, and service plans and various agreements in English.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, Board of Directors, consultants, constituents, and various groups and staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as required in developing service estimates and tracking systems, calculating district budgets, and performing bid proposal.
- Ability to ensure strict and absolute compliance with all local, State and Federal government laws and regulations related to special districts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of Board of Directors, constituents, service vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education & Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Real Estate or related fields
- Multiple years of progressively responsible experience in related field with ability to manage large complicated projects and an understanding of real estate development. Knowledge of special districts, governmental bidding, and Title 32 compliance regulations is preferred.
- Must be able to operate computer, fax machine, copier, telephone, motor vehicle.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 75% of time is spent sitting at desk and 25% on feet.
- Has infrequent need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
- Constant needs to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, and finger dexterity.
- Lifting/carrying less than 10 pounds frequently.
- Vision requirements: constant needs to read manuals, reports, financial statements, complete forms and view computer screen.
- Hearing requirements: constant needs to communicate over telephone and in person.
- Need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Periodic need to utilize personal transportation for local trips for board meetings, site tours, and other various appointments/meetings with service vendors and consultants.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual regularly works in an office environment and does not work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Some overtime and/or irregular hours may be required.
Supervised by: Director and Assistant Director of District Management/Administration
Denver / Loveland, CO
Full Time Employment
2+ years in general business, governmental, community/homeowner association administration, or paralegal/legal assistant
Education Level Required
Associates Degree or Equivalent Certification
Submit Resume to
The Accountant supports the Accounting Manager in all aspects of client accounting including but not limited to all day to day accounting functions, payroll, maintenance of general ledger, preparation of financial statements, compiling and monitoring of budgets, managing cash and investments, and assists in maintaining the overall financial health of multiple assigned metropolitan, water & sanitation, park and recreation, and fire protection/emergency service districts.
- Accounting & Budget Functions
- Primary responsibility is to assist in maintaining the general ledger and accounting systems for each client.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as needed.
- Assesses accounting systems, researches and recommends improvements.
- Assists Accounting Manager with monthly payables processing.
- Prepares period financial report for Board.
- Coordinates with Accounting Manager on revenue management, including billings for services and fees and budget comparisons.
- Coordinates with Accounting Manager on expense management, including analysis of budget to actual and explaining variances.
- Prepares audit workpapers and coordinates with independent auditors, or completes audit exemption as applicable.
- Assist with processing client payroll.
- Prepares year-end tax reporting, including W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Prepares or assist Accounting Manager with compliance reporting.
- Assist Accounting Manager with long-range financial projections.
- Works closely with Director of Finance and Accounting and Accounting Managers to handle issues and transactions related to finance and accounting.
- Works closely with Administrators in the payables and billings processes.
Other duties as assigned.
Supervised by: Director of Finance & Accounting
Full Time Employment
Finance and Accounting
Required: 1+ years of experience in Accounting
Preferred: Knowledge of government accounting
Education Level Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Submit Resume to
The Office Administrator performs a broad range of administrative duties with an emphasis on front office coordination. The Office Administrator is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, conference rooms, common areas, mail, supplies, and purchasing requests This individual’s primary responsibilities will include managing incoming calls, maintaining office common areas and supplies, facilitating meetings, and providing back-up administrative support to members of staff. Responsibilities will be added to this position with continued experience and growth.
- Administrative /Front Office / Office Care
- Inter-Office Communications
- Office Equipment & Systems: Daily Operations:
- Office Supplies
o Receives and screens all incoming corporate calls; directs caller to the appropriate individual and extension; takes and delivers written messages as required; directs calls appropriately through the phone system
o Manages phone system using online administrative tools
o Keeps answering service up-to-date with current client list and contact information
o Receives, greets and announces clients/guests courteously; directs them to the appropriate area/conference room
o Maintains commons areas for presentation and cleanliness (reception, lobbies, hallways, kitchen, copy areas, mail/supply areas, kitchenette, roof deck, gym, restrooms) and conference rooms
o Keeps front office and reception area neat and presentable and all times; waters plants
o Maintains standard supplies in copy areas, kitchen, kitchenette, restrooms, conference rooms
o Acts as liaison, submits and tracks all IT service ticket requests. Facilitates the ticket follow-up process and assists with finding time for the IT team to complete the service request(s)
o Assists departments with administrative tasks such as class and event registration, photocopying and scanning, document preparation and distribution, etc.
o Supports Special Event Coordinator with planning, coordination and management of internal events and activities, as requested
o Maintains and updates corporate contacts, directories, electronic files, paper files, and records, as required
o Orders and coordinates corporate meals approved by the Office Manager and as requested.
o HR assistance: job posting for open positions, coordinates interviews, endures work-spaces are cleaned supplied and set-up for new employees prior to new employee start date
o Maintains and track petty cash envelope and spreadsheet
o Order new business cards, name tags, name plates, notary supplies, etc.
o Decorates office, seasonally, as required and approved
o Facilitate the flow of all inter-office communications: late arrival, out sick, updates on white boards, service calls, etc., any information that would or could affect others within the organization
o Update calendars as required, including PTO, planning days, working off-site, etc.
o Maintain and update Pinnacle Contacts
o Filing of corporate documents: paper and electronic
o Maintain, update and distribute the Master Client List
o Maintain, update and distribute list of internal extensions and contact numbers
o Handles incoming and outgoing corporate and district mail and deliveries, including FedEx and UPS; acts as contact point for package and courier pickup; maintains postage meter and related items
o Acts as liaison / In-House Expert for Alarm System, Security Cameras, Pitney Bowes, all RICOH machines, WebEx, Conference Call System, TVs & Web Cameras, Appliances, etc. Provides training as needed
o Coordinates service calls as required and/or as requested by Office Manager
o Maintains stock and orders specialty equipment supplies: toner, ink, postage tape, postage, etc.
o Serves as point-of-contact for office supplies, including toner, paper, etc., for Loveland and Denver offices; purchases office supplies in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
o Responsible for inventory and ordering of all small office equipment: desktop printers, monitors, keyboards, mouse, etc.
o Daily monitoring fleet vehicles: use, maintenance, repairs, fuel and cleanliness
Supervised by: Office Manager
Supervises: Service Vendors and Contractors, as directed by the Office Manager
Full Time Employment
2+ years in an office or business environment
Education Level Required
High School Diploma Required. Associates Degree or Equivalent Certification Preferred.